Wicker Park shop allegedly robbed by teen mob
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Wicker Park clothing shop was robbed, allegedly by what the store's owner calls a teenage mob in the middle of a busy street festival.
Surveillance video released from inside the Mildblend Supply Company clothing store shows some of the teens stuffing their backpacks with the store's jeans around 6:40 Saturday evening.
Owner Luke Cho says some of his staff was physically pushed out of the way by the teenagers, who made off with what Cho estimates to be about $3,000 worth of jeans.
"They weren't really intending to try anything on," Cho said. "Their sole purpose was to hang on to something and walk out the door, so there was not a whole lot I can do."
The incident took place as Wicker Park Fest was happening right outside the store's front door. Police are investigating and so far, no arrests have been made.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 17 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 54 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich. 24 min ago
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 23 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break