Local cyclists raise funds for police memorial fund
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds pedaled for a police fund that supports the survivors of Chicago officers on Sunday.
It was the fifth annual cycling fund raiser for the Chicago Police Memorial Fund.
Former superintendent Phil Cline says this fall 34 young survivors will benefit from the fund.
Each had a parent killed or injured in the line of duty.
Cline says the foundation will pay all of their costs, from tuition to books
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges 8 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back 16 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos