Local cyclists raise funds for police memorial fund
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds pedaled for a police fund that supports the survivors of Chicago officers on Sunday.
It was the fifth annual cycling fund raiser for the Chicago Police Memorial Fund.
Former superintendent Phil Cline says this fall 34 young survivors will benefit from the fund.
Each had a parent killed or injured in the line of duty.
Cline says the foundation will pay all of their costs, from tuition to books
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 17 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 54 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos