Peterson trial to begin Tuesday
July 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson's lawyer describes him as calm and confident the night before opening statements get underway in his murder trial.
Defense attorney Joel Brodsky was invited to discuss his controversial cases at the Chicago Cigar Club on Monday night.
Naturally everyone wanted to know about his most famous client.
Peterson has pleaded not guilty to murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio and on Tuesday Brodsky starts proving his case.
"I'm going to tell the story that I think inevitably leads to the proof that Drew Peterson is innocent of having anything to do with Kathy Savio's death," he said.
Brodsky predicts the trial will run about four weeks.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 43 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 28 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos