Peterson trial to begin Tuesday
July 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson's lawyer describes him as calm and confident the night before opening statements get underway in his murder trial.
Defense attorney Joel Brodsky was invited to discuss his controversial cases at the Chicago Cigar Club on Monday night.
Naturally everyone wanted to know about his most famous client.
Peterson has pleaded not guilty to murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio and on Tuesday Brodsky starts proving his case.
"I'm going to tell the story that I think inevitably leads to the proof that Drew Peterson is innocent of having anything to do with Kathy Savio's death," he said.
Brodsky predicts the trial will run about four weeks.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77