Peterson trial to begin Tuesday
July 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson's lawyer describes him as calm and confident the night before opening statements get underway in his murder trial.
Defense attorney Joel Brodsky was invited to discuss his controversial cases at the Chicago Cigar Club on Monday night.
Naturally everyone wanted to know about his most famous client.
Peterson has pleaded not guilty to murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio and on Tuesday Brodsky starts proving his case.
"I'm going to tell the story that I think inevitably leads to the proof that Drew Peterson is innocent of having anything to do with Kathy Savio's death," he said.
Brodsky predicts the trial will run about four weeks.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits