Peterson trial to begin Tuesday
July 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson's lawyer describes him as calm and confident the night before opening statements get underway in his murder trial.
Defense attorney Joel Brodsky was invited to discuss his controversial cases at the Chicago Cigar Club on Monday night.
Naturally everyone wanted to know about his most famous client.
Peterson has pleaded not guilty to murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio and on Tuesday Brodsky starts proving his case.
"I'm going to tell the story that I think inevitably leads to the proof that Drew Peterson is innocent of having anything to do with Kathy Savio's death," he said.
Brodsky predicts the trial will run about four weeks.
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st rush hour test 27 min ago
- School closings march planned to protest CPS consolidations 9 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster 6 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church 4 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave 2 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction 47 min ago
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- 7 in :77
19 min ago
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st...
27 min ago
- School closings march planned to protest...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos