Man proposes at Wrigley, girlfriend getting beer
July 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A surprise proposal at the Friendly Confines almost struck out when the bride-to-be left to go get beer.
The man, Greg, came all the way from Great Falls, Montana, with his girlfriend Erica for their first Cubs game.
The scoreboard showed his marriage proposal in the middle of the fifth inning, but Erica was gone, getting drinks.
Greg sat distraught through the rest of the inning, waiting to see if it would show up again. Finally, it did, Greg got onto one knee, and it appeared Erica said yes.
- Oklahoma tornadoes strike- again 39 min ago
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- Photos: Reported fatal church van crash in...
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Mixed reviews for 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction 39 min ago
- GrubHub merges with NY-based Seamless North America
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- 'Jammin' at the Zoo' concerts announced
- Mixed reviews for 1st weekday of Red Line...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos