Murder charge filed in shooting death of CPS hoops star
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors have filed first-degree murder charges in the case of the shooting death of a CPS basketball star.
Cinque Lee, 20, of the Far South Side, has been charged in the death of Michael Haynes.
Police say Haynes was killed July 26th as he tried to break up a fight over a necklace.
The state's attorney says Lee was arrested Tuesday after witnesses identified him as the shooter.
Haynes was set to play for Iona college in New York this season.
- Protesters removed from CPS board meeting 12 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ 48 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 44 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
- Lunch Break 05-22-13
20 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will...
44 min ago
- CPS closings meeting under way | 4 schools...
21 min ago