Murder charge filed in shooting death of CPS hoops star
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors have filed first-degree murder charges in the case of the shooting death of a CPS basketball star.
Cinque Lee, 20, of the Far South Side, has been charged in the death of Michael Haynes.
Police say Haynes was killed July 26th as he tried to break up a fight over a necklace.
The state's attorney says Lee was arrested Tuesday after witnesses identified him as the shooter.
Haynes was set to play for Iona college in New York this season.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 5 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 52 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos