Murder charge filed in shooting death of CPS hoops star
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors have filed first-degree murder charges in the case of the shooting death of a CPS basketball star.
Cinque Lee, 20, of the Far South Side, has been charged in the death of Michael Haynes.
Police say Haynes was killed July 26th as he tried to break up a fight over a necklace.
The state's attorney says Lee was arrested Tuesday after witnesses identified him as the shooter.
Haynes was set to play for Iona college in New York this season.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 38 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos