Murder charge filed in shooting death of CPS hoops star
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors have filed first-degree murder charges in the case of the shooting death of a CPS basketball star.
Cinque Lee, 20, of the Far South Side, has been charged in the death of Michael Haynes.
Police say Haynes was killed July 26th as he tried to break up a fight over a necklace.
The state's attorney says Lee was arrested Tuesday after witnesses identified him as the shooter.
Haynes was set to play for Iona college in New York this season.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit