Produce grown at Cook County Jail for sale at Daley Plaza Farmer's Market
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Thursday, the Farmer's Market at Daley Plaza is selling produce grown on the grounds of the Cook County Jail.
One of the tents at the market is run by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. It's part of their urban gardening programs first launched back in 1993.
The Cook County Jail garden has expanded to nearly 65,000-square-feet. It is projected to yield more than 5,000 pounds of produce this summer.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 45 min ago
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 21 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 24 min ago
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend 2 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 17 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
45 min ago