Produce grown at Cook County Jail for sale at Daley Plaza Farmer's Market
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Thursday, the Farmer's Market at Daley Plaza is selling produce grown on the grounds of the Cook County Jail.
One of the tents at the market is run by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. It's part of their urban gardening programs first launched back in 1993.
The Cook County Jail garden has expanded to nearly 65,000-square-feet. It is projected to yield more than 5,000 pounds of produce this summer.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos