Produce grown at Cook County Jail for sale at Daley Plaza Farmer's Market
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Thursday, the Farmer's Market at Daley Plaza is selling produce grown on the grounds of the Cook County Jail.
One of the tents at the market is run by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. It's part of their urban gardening programs first launched back in 1993.
The Cook County Jail garden has expanded to nearly 65,000-square-feet. It is projected to yield more than 5,000 pounds of produce this summer.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in West Town 15 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 35 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 44 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 55 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting in...
15 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
35 min ago