Produce grown at Cook County Jail for sale at Daley Plaza Farmer's Market
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Thursday, the Farmer's Market at Daley Plaza is selling produce grown on the grounds of the Cook County Jail.
One of the tents at the market is run by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. It's part of their urban gardening programs first launched back in 1993.
The Cook County Jail garden has expanded to nearly 65,000-square-feet. It is projected to yield more than 5,000 pounds of produce this summer.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 53 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 58 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77