Curbside buses have higher fatal accident rate
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Megabus is the largest so-called curbside bus operator in the US.
It picks up passengers on the street, not at a station.
In September, 2010, four passengers died on a Megabus after the driver missed an exit and crashed near Syracuse, NY.
The company says it has the highest safety rating from the federal government.
But the National Transportation Safety Board says the fatal accident rate for curbside bus operators like Megabus is seven times greater than Greyhound.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 49 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons 58 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos