Curbside buses have higher fatal accident rate
August 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Megabus is the largest so-called curbside bus operator in the US.
It picks up passengers on the street, not at a station.
In September, 2010, four passengers died on a Megabus after the driver missed an exit and crashed near Syracuse, NY.
The company says it has the highest safety rating from the federal government.
But the National Transportation Safety Board says the fatal accident rate for curbside bus operators like Megabus is seven times greater than Greyhound.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos