Isaiah Thomas in Chicago, urges kids to stay in school
August 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isaiah Thomas was back in his hometown Friday night with a message to stop the violence.
He joined Father Michael Pfleger from Saint Sabina Catholic Church and his supporters for their weekly march.
The goal is to convince young people to stay in school. Thomas told one group of men that the community loves them and is there for them.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 52 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 57 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77