Isaiah Thomas in Chicago, urges kids to stay in school
August 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isaiah Thomas was back in his hometown Friday night with a message to stop the violence.
He joined Father Michael Pfleger from Saint Sabina Catholic Church and his supporters for their weekly march.
The goal is to convince young people to stay in school. Thomas told one group of men that the community loves them and is there for them.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 17 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 55 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 24 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 38 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 57 min ago
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 8 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 19 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD