Isaiah Thomas in Chicago, urges kids to stay in school
August 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isaiah Thomas was back in his hometown Friday night with a message to stop the violence.
He joined Father Michael Pfleger from Saint Sabina Catholic Church and his supporters for their weekly march.
The goal is to convince young people to stay in school. Thomas told one group of men that the community loves them and is there for them.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 39 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos