Isaiah Thomas in Chicago, urges kids to stay in school
August 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isaiah Thomas was back in his hometown Friday night with a message to stop the violence.
He joined Father Michael Pfleger from Saint Sabina Catholic Church and his supporters for their weekly march.
The goal is to convince young people to stay in school. Thomas told one group of men that the community loves them and is there for them.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla 48 min ago
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches 32 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos