Chicago pot ticket ordinance in effect
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Starting Saturday, Chicago police can issue tickets - instead of make arrests - for small amounts of marijuana.
The new rule applies to those caught with less than 15 grams of marijuana. That's equivalent to about 25-cigarette-sized joints.
Smoking marijuana in public can still get you arrested though.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 28 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
33 min ago