Lollapalooza Day 2: Chicago's Grant Park heats up
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The second day of Lollapalooza is going to be a hot one. As temperatures climb, 100,000 people are expected in Grant Park for the music festival.
Saturday's high is expected to be around 95-degrees. Storms are possible Saturday evening and overnight after cold-front moves in, bringing temperatures down into the 80s the rest of the weekend.
Organizers of the show have misting stations set up around the festival to help concert goers keep cool.
In effect this year, higher security fences were put in to protect the Grant Park grounds and build a barrier. On Friday, a group of gate crashers tried to hop a fence at Monroe and Columbus and police said tickets were given to some violators.
Police made at least 13 arrests on Friday for various misdeameanors. They also issued nearly 40 tickets for ordinance violations.
With 300,000 people expected over the three-day event, Lollapalooza is seeing its largest crowds ever.
Tonight Jane's Addiction will take the stage. That's the band of Lollapalooza founder, Perry Farrell.
Lollapalooza, which is in its 21st year, has been at Grant Park for the last eight years. New for the 2012 Lollapalooza: live streaming on youtube.com/lollapalooza and Instagram photos from festival goers on jumbo screens within the park.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 56 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 41 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos