Isiah Thomas dedicates street to mother
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isiah Thomas took part in a ceremony dedicating a street on Chicago's West Side to his mother on Saturday.
Thomas says he was touched by the tribute to his late mother, Mary Thomas.
The former basketball standout says his mother taught him an important life lesson.
"If you can help someone else, help them," Thomas said. "And that's what's it's really all about. It's about loving, forgiving, being kind, and helping other people."
Thomas was joined by some of his eight siblings.
The dedication was one of several events Thomas took part in this weekend in city's West Side.
- CPS closings meeting under way | 4 schools off list 8 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL 44 min ago
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ 21 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities 44 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 17 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Extreme bridal makeover
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will...
17 min ago
- CPS closings meeting under way | 4 schools...
8 min ago