Isiah Thomas dedicates street to mother
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isiah Thomas took part in a ceremony dedicating a street on Chicago's West Side to his mother on Saturday.
Thomas says he was touched by the tribute to his late mother, Mary Thomas.
The former basketball standout says his mother taught him an important life lesson.
"If you can help someone else, help them," Thomas said. "And that's what's it's really all about. It's about loving, forgiving, being kind, and helping other people."
Thomas was joined by some of his eight siblings.
The dedication was one of several events Thomas took part in this weekend in city's West Side.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 2 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos