Isiah Thomas dedicates street to mother
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isiah Thomas took part in a ceremony dedicating a street on Chicago's West Side to his mother on Saturday.
Thomas says he was touched by the tribute to his late mother, Mary Thomas.
The former basketball standout says his mother taught him an important life lesson.
"If you can help someone else, help them," Thomas said. "And that's what's it's really all about. It's about loving, forgiving, being kind, and helping other people."
Thomas was joined by some of his eight siblings.
The dedication was one of several events Thomas took part in this weekend in city's West Side.
- CPS school closures begin 45 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body in Lake Michigan near Oakwood 7 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee 28 min ago
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back 27 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- CPS school closures begin
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos