Isiah Thomas dedicates street to mother
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isiah Thomas took part in a ceremony dedicating a street on Chicago's West Side to his mother on Saturday.
Thomas says he was touched by the tribute to his late mother, Mary Thomas.
The former basketball standout says his mother taught him an important life lesson.
"If you can help someone else, help them," Thomas said. "And that's what's it's really all about. It's about loving, forgiving, being kind, and helping other people."
Thomas was joined by some of his eight siblings.
The dedication was one of several events Thomas took part in this weekend in city's West Side.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos