Isiah Thomas dedicates street to mother
August 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former NBA star Isiah Thomas took part in a ceremony dedicating a street on Chicago's West Side to his mother on Saturday.
Thomas says he was touched by the tribute to his late mother, Mary Thomas.
The former basketball standout says his mother taught him an important life lesson.
"If you can help someone else, help them," Thomas said. "And that's what's it's really all about. It's about loving, forgiving, being kind, and helping other people."
Thomas was joined by some of his eight siblings.
The dedication was one of several events Thomas took part in this weekend in city's West Side.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 20 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos