Oak Park hospital live tweets hip replacement surgery
August 6, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Social media is now going into the operating room during live surgery.
West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park sent out live tweets during a hip replacement surgery.
The hospital's PR department was doing the actual tweeting.
- On Twitter: @WestSuburbanMC
In the hospital's lobby, many people followed the surgery on Twitter.
The female patient had a single session bilateral total hip replacement procedure. She is reported to be doing fine.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos