Oak Park hospital live tweets hip replacement surgery
August 6, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Social media is now going into the operating room during live surgery.
West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park sent out live tweets during a hip replacement surgery.
The hospital's PR department was doing the actual tweeting.
- On Twitter: @WestSuburbanMC
In the hospital's lobby, many people followed the surgery on Twitter.
The female patient had a single session bilateral total hip replacement procedure. She is reported to be doing fine.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
34 min ago