Oak Park hospital live tweets hip replacement surgery
August 6, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Social media is now going into the operating room during live surgery.
West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park sent out live tweets during a hip replacement surgery.
The hospital's PR department was doing the actual tweeting.
- On Twitter: @WestSuburbanMC
In the hospital's lobby, many people followed the surgery on Twitter.
The female patient had a single session bilateral total hip replacement procedure. She is reported to be doing fine.
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game