Oak Park hospital live tweets hip replacement surgery
August 6, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Social media is now going into the operating room during live surgery.
West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park sent out live tweets during a hip replacement surgery.
The hospital's PR department was doing the actual tweeting.
- On Twitter: @WestSuburbanMC
In the hospital's lobby, many people followed the surgery on Twitter.
The female patient had a single session bilateral total hip replacement procedure. She is reported to be doing fine.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake