Oak Park hospital live tweets hip replacement surgery
August 6, 2012 (OAK PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Social media is now going into the operating room during live surgery.
West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park sent out live tweets during a hip replacement surgery.
The hospital's PR department was doing the actual tweeting.
- On Twitter: @WestSuburbanMC
In the hospital's lobby, many people followed the surgery on Twitter.
The female patient had a single session bilateral total hip replacement procedure. She is reported to be doing fine.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages 57 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Temps fall, snow expected Sunday
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating... 32 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft 50 min ago
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- ABC7 To Go, Dec. 5, 2013
33 min ago