Chicago Muslims celebrate after a day of fasting
August 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After a day of fasting, hundreds of Chicago Muslims celebrated a taste of Ramadan.
They gathered at the Chicago office of the Council on American Islamic Relations to enjoy dishes from around the world.
The food reflected the diversity of the Muslim community with dishes from Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
During the month of Ramadan, observant Muslims fast during the daylight hours.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot