$5.1M settlement in 2010 Megabus fatal pedestrian crash
August 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after a deadly Megabus crash in the West Loop, a $5.1 million settlement has been reached in a similar accident two years ago.
Wes Krueger died in February 2010 after he was struck by a bus as the driver attempted to make a left turn.
It happened at Adams and Des Plaines, just blocks from Wednesday's deadly pedestrian crash.
"Considering the number of motor coaches that are driving around there on any given day and all the pedestrian traffic during the afternoons on weekdays it's really not surprising that these things happen," Corboy & Demetrio partner Daniel M. Kotin said in a press release.
Wednesday's crash at Adams and Canal killed 76-year old Donna Halstead and last week, one person died when a Megabus crashed into a concrete bridge support near downstate Litchfield.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path 54 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 30 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 23 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
28 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos