$5.1M settlement in 2010 Megabus fatal pedestrian crash
August 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after a deadly Megabus crash in the West Loop, a $5.1 million settlement has been reached in a similar accident two years ago.
Wes Krueger died in February 2010 after he was struck by a bus as the driver attempted to make a left turn.
It happened at Adams and Des Plaines, just blocks from Wednesday's deadly pedestrian crash.
"Considering the number of motor coaches that are driving around there on any given day and all the pedestrian traffic during the afternoons on weekdays it's really not surprising that these things happen," Corboy & Demetrio partner Daniel M. Kotin said in a press release.
Wednesday's crash at Adams and Canal killed 76-year old Donna Halstead and last week, one person died when a Megabus crashed into a concrete bridge support near downstate Litchfield.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 2 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park 36 min ago
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house 9 min ago
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches 42 min ago
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway 57 min ago
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake