$5.1M settlement in 2010 Megabus fatal pedestrian crash
August 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after a deadly Megabus crash in the West Loop, a $5.1 million settlement has been reached in a similar accident two years ago.
Wes Krueger died in February 2010 after he was struck by a bus as the driver attempted to make a left turn.
It happened at Adams and Des Plaines, just blocks from Wednesday's deadly pedestrian crash.
"Considering the number of motor coaches that are driving around there on any given day and all the pedestrian traffic during the afternoons on weekdays it's really not surprising that these things happen," Corboy & Demetrio partner Daniel M. Kotin said in a press release.
Wednesday's crash at Adams and Canal killed 76-year old Donna Halstead and last week, one person died when a Megabus crashed into a concrete bridge support near downstate Litchfield.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 32 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 50 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 37 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 25 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 45 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
52 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos