$5.1M settlement in 2010 Megabus fatal pedestrian crash
August 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A day after a deadly Megabus crash in the West Loop, a $5.1 million settlement has been reached in a similar accident two years ago.
Wes Krueger died in February 2010 after he was struck by a bus as the driver attempted to make a left turn.
It happened at Adams and Des Plaines, just blocks from Wednesday's deadly pedestrian crash.
"Considering the number of motor coaches that are driving around there on any given day and all the pedestrian traffic during the afternoons on weekdays it's really not surprising that these things happen," Corboy & Demetrio partner Daniel M. Kotin said in a press release.
Wednesday's crash at Adams and Canal killed 76-year old Donna Halstead and last week, one person died when a Megabus crashed into a concrete bridge support near downstate Litchfield.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos