Parts of Naperville gun range contaminated
August 8, 2012 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Soil and water tests have confirmed lead contamination in portions of Naperville's Sportsman's Park shooting and gun range.
Officials with both the park and the city of Naperville say they will work together to clean up the contamination.
The property has been used for sport-shooting since 1937. Lead pellets were used until 1999 when they were replaced with steel pellets.
- Report: 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote 34 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 4 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- Swim Safety Tips
24 min ago
- Dancing With the Stars Finale Highlights
18 min ago