Hall High School football player dies at practice
August 9, 2012 (SPRING VALLEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Hall High School football player collapsed and died during a practice session west of Chicago on Wednesday afternoon.
Daniel Lule, a junior, reportedly passed out and collapsed on the field during practice.
Paramedics were called to the scene and failed to resuscitate Lule, the Bureau County Republican reports. Lule was pronounced dead at the hospital.
"The Illinois High School Association is deeply saddened to hear of the tragic passing of a student-athlete at Hall High School in Spring Valley yesterday (August 8)," said Illinois High School Association Executive Director Marty Hickman in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Daniel Lule, Hall High School and the entire Spring Valley community."
The statement posted on the Hall website said Lule was a wonderful individual who will be missed by everyone at the school.
Grief counselors will be on hand at Hall to aid any students and faculty wishing to seek help in dealing with the loss of Lule.
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois 34 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- Donald Trump plaintiff: Someone must stand up to 'Celebrity...
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos