Group encourages books over guns for youth
August 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Young people in Chicago are being encouraged to pick up a book and not a gun.
Thursday night, members of the group Acts of Love went door-to-door in the Englewood community, passing out books.
They also urged adults to take a pledge to love young people.
The organization thinks much of the crime that takes place is because young people aren't aware of the resources available to them.
Similar events are planned in other cities.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 5 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 6 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 24 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 43 min ago