Muslim community says Walsh perpetuating hate
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Members of the Muslim community in the Chicago area say Congressman Joe Walsh is perpetuating hate and division among Americans with recent comments at a town hall.
"There is a radical strain of Islam in this country, it's not just over there, trying to kill Americans every week," Walsh said.
The Chicago Office of the Council on American- Islamic Relations will hold a news conference Friday to blast those remarks made Wednesday night.
On Thursday, the congressman defended his comments and said we cannot let political correctness blind us to reality.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Chicago Palestine Film Festival 2014
52 min ago
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
35 min ago