Muslim community says Walsh perpetuating hate
August 9, 2012 (WLS) -- Members of the Muslim community in the Chicago area say Congressman Joe Walsh is perpetuating hate and division among Americans with recent comments at a town hall.
"There is a radical strain of Islam in this country, it's not just over there, trying to kill Americans every week," Walsh said.
The Chicago Office of the Council on American- Islamic Relations will hold a news conference Friday to blast those remarks made Wednesday night.
On Thursday, the congressman defended his comments and said we cannot let political correctness blind us to reality.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking