Officer impersonator assault did not happen
August 9, 2012 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- There is a new development on a sexual assault by a police impersonator, as investigators now say it never happened and they've canceled the alert.
A 33-year old woman told police she was stopped Tuesday night in incorporated Plano by a man driving a Ford Crown Victoria with flashing lights.
She claimed the man forced her out of car at gunpoint.
The woman has not been charged but the Kendall County State's Attorney will review the matter.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos