Gas tank punctured near Mag Mile, hazmat called
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Emergency crews responded to a hazardous material accident just off the Magnificent Mile early Friday.
A Waste Management truck punctured a gas tank while making a turn around 2 a.m. in an alley behind Michigan Avenue at Oak Street.
Safety crews continued to remove dangerous material from the scene three hours later.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 33 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 20 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...