CPD writes fewer parking tickets
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police officers are writing fewer parking tickets.
The Fraternal Order Of Police tell the Chicago Sun-Times officers have their hands full with homicides and other violent crimes so they're writing fewer parking ticket.
The group explains that the department is on pace to write 15-percent fewer parking tickets this year. But revenues are up, according to the report.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle 54 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 2 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
54 min ago