CPD writes fewer parking tickets
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police officers are writing fewer parking tickets.
The Fraternal Order Of Police tell the Chicago Sun-Times officers have their hands full with homicides and other violent crimes so they're writing fewer parking ticket.
The group explains that the department is on pace to write 15-percent fewer parking tickets this year. But revenues are up, according to the report.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin