Youths honor those killed in gun violence in 2012
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of Chicago's youths gathered on the city's South Side to honor those who have lost their lives to gun violence this year.
Since January 1, 308 people have been killed in Chicago.
The children wore red Xs on the backs to honor those who have been killed.
The event took place at Renaissance Park on West 79th Street.
Some of the participants performed original works of poetry while others re-elected on how the violence has affected their lives.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 4 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 13 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 55 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos