Youths honor those killed in gun violence in 2012
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of Chicago's youths gathered on the city's South Side to honor those who have lost their lives to gun violence this year.
Since January 1, 308 people have been killed in Chicago.
The children wore red Xs on the backs to honor those who have been killed.
The event took place at Renaissance Park on West 79th Street.
Some of the participants performed original works of poetry while others re-elected on how the violence has affected their lives.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 11 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 29 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
7 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
42 min ago