Youths honor those killed in gun violence in 2012
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of Chicago's youths gathered on the city's South Side to honor those who have lost their lives to gun violence this year.
Since January 1, 308 people have been killed in Chicago.
The children wore red Xs on the backs to honor those who have been killed.
The event took place at Renaissance Park on West 79th Street.
Some of the participants performed original works of poetry while others re-elected on how the violence has affected their lives.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 1 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 22 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos