Youths honor those killed in gun violence in 2012
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of Chicago's youths gathered on the city's South Side to honor those who have lost their lives to gun violence this year.
Since January 1, 308 people have been killed in Chicago.
The children wore red Xs on the backs to honor those who have been killed.
The event took place at Renaissance Park on West 79th Street.
Some of the participants performed original works of poetry while others re-elected on how the violence has affected their lives.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 38 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 33 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor