Youths honor those killed in gun violence in 2012
August 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of Chicago's youths gathered on the city's South Side to honor those who have lost their lives to gun violence this year.
Since January 1, 308 people have been killed in Chicago.
The children wore red Xs on the backs to honor those who have been killed.
The event took place at Renaissance Park on West 79th Street.
Some of the participants performed original works of poetry while others re-elected on how the violence has affected their lives.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos