Report: Winfield officials may disband police force
August 10, 2012 (WINFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Officials in west suburban Winfield are considering disbanding its police force to save money.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the village may contract with DuPage County to use sheriff's officers for law enforcement.
The money saved would go to repairing Winfield's roads.
The village board is scheduled to discuss the issue on August 16.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos