Teen killed after allegedly shooting at security officers
August 12, 2012 (RICHTON PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 19-year-old man was shot and killed after he allegedly fired a gun at private security officers late Saturday night in south suburban Richton Park.
The dead man is identified as Sean D'angelo Smith of Chicago Heights.
Police say a passenger in a moving car was firing a gun in the air.
The security officers ordered him to stop.
They say someone then got out of the car, pointed a gun in their direction and fired.
They say they returned fire killing the man.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos