Acid bomb attack reported at suburban Muslim facility
August 13, 2012 (LOMBARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- For the second time in less than a week, a Muslim facility has reportedly been targeted by attackers in the suburbs.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says an acid bomb was thrown at the College Preparatory School of America in Lombard.
This attack occurred late Sunday night as people attended a Ramadan prayer service. Worshippers found a two-liter bottle, which had apparently been filled with chemicals, near a window.
No one was hurt.
Meanwhile, bond was set at $45,000 for David Conrad, 51.
He is accused of firing shots from an air rifle at the Muslim Education Center in Morton Grove.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping