Acid bomb attack reported at suburban Muslim facility
August 13, 2012 (LOMBARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- For the second time in less than a week, a Muslim facility has reportedly been targeted by attackers in the suburbs.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says an acid bomb was thrown at the College Preparatory School of America in Lombard.
This attack occurred late Sunday night as people attended a Ramadan prayer service. Worshippers found a two-liter bottle, which had apparently been filled with chemicals, near a window.
No one was hurt.
Meanwhile, bond was set at $45,000 for David Conrad, 51.
He is accused of firing shots from an air rifle at the Muslim Education Center in Morton Grove.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 57 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
54 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
57 min ago