Acid bomb attack reported at suburban Muslim facility
August 13, 2012 (LOMBARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- For the second time in less than a week, a Muslim facility has reportedly been targeted by attackers in the suburbs.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says an acid bomb was thrown at the College Preparatory School of America in Lombard.
This attack occurred late Sunday night as people attended a Ramadan prayer service. Worshippers found a two-liter bottle, which had apparently been filled with chemicals, near a window.
No one was hurt.
Meanwhile, bond was set at $45,000 for David Conrad, 51.
He is accused of firing shots from an air rifle at the Muslim Education Center in Morton Grove.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 8 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 11 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 12 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos