Outside City Hall, college student protests city violence
August 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A college student took time from his summer vacation to hold a rally Monday morning in front of City Hall, all in an effort to stop the violence.
Corey Hardiman is a Corliss High School alum. He now attends Morehouse College in Atlanta.
He wants to stop the violence in Chicago's streets.
Hardiman was joined by other community leaders in calling for more youth centers and jobs.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year