First West Nile case reported in DuPage County
August 14, 2012 (DOWNERS GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The year's first human case of West Nile virus in DuPage County has been reported.
The case turned up in west suburban Downers Grove.
The DuPage County Health Department says a woman in her 50s has been infected.
Officials say West Nile virus activity is widespread in DuPage County so residents are urged to protect themselves.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 38 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 6 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos