Department of Aviation employee charged with stealing copper wire from Midway Airport runway
August 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A city employee is accused of stealing copper wire from Midway Airport.
Prosecutors say 57-year-old David Coates was seen cutting pieces from a copper runway wire on surveillance video.
Coates works for the Department of Aviation.
Police say 500 feet of wire had been taken over a three-day period and sold at a scrap yard.
midway airport, local
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 1 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years 6 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 1 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos