Patrick Kennedy visits Jesse Jackson Jr. at Mayo Clinic
August 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 has learned that former Congressman Patrick Kennedy has visited Jesse Jackson Junior at the Mayo Clinic.
The former Rhode Island congressman met with Jackson Thursday at the clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Congressman Jackson is undergoing treatment for bipolar two depression. He has been on a leave of absence from Congress since June 10. His office initially said that he was being treated for "exhaustion."
Statement by Sandi Jackson on Patrick Kennedy's visit:
"My husband is grateful for his friendship. He and Jesse have a long history in Congress together."
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 4 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake