Patrick Kennedy visits Jesse Jackson Jr. at Mayo Clinic
August 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 has learned that former Congressman Patrick Kennedy has visited Jesse Jackson Junior at the Mayo Clinic.
The former Rhode Island congressman met with Jackson Thursday at the clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Congressman Jackson is undergoing treatment for bipolar two depression. He has been on a leave of absence from Congress since June 10. His office initially said that he was being treated for "exhaustion."
Statement by Sandi Jackson on Patrick Kennedy's visit:
"My husband is grateful for his friendship. He and Jesse have a long history in Congress together."
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 8 min ago
- Video: Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes 6 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Dogs reunited with Avondale couple after break-in
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open 3 min ago
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings 48 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for...
6 min ago
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2,...
16 min ago
- Harlem explosion in New York kills 6; 69 hurt
15 min ago