Patrick Kennedy visits Jesse Jackson Jr. at Mayo Clinic
August 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 has learned that former Congressman Patrick Kennedy has visited Jesse Jackson Junior at the Mayo Clinic.
The former Rhode Island congressman met with Jackson Thursday at the clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Congressman Jackson is undergoing treatment for bipolar two depression. He has been on a leave of absence from Congress since June 10. His office initially said that he was being treated for "exhaustion."
Statement by Sandi Jackson on Patrick Kennedy's visit:
"My husband is grateful for his friendship. He and Jesse have a long history in Congress together."
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos