Time for immunizations as school year begins
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students rolled up their sleeves Friday to get the immunizations that are required before the start of the new school year.
Hundreds turned out at Friday's back-to-school health fair. The event also included medical exams and even a little fun.
It is the time of the year when you should be getting your children ready for the school. There are physical exams, screenings, and new vaccine rules.
To help, Illinois State Representative Maria Antonia Berrios hosted her 10th annual back- to-school health fair on the Northwest Side Friday morning and afternoon.
Hundreds of parents and children attended the back-to-school health fair in Haas Park. The fair offered a number of fun events for kids along with free medical services such as immunizations, blood pressure screenings, diabetes exams and vision and hearing screenings.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Jackknifed semi slows traffic on Tri-State near O'Hare 3 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 35 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 32 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 39 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 34 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77