Time for immunizations as school year begins
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students rolled up their sleeves Friday to get the immunizations that are required before the start of the new school year.
Hundreds turned out at Friday's back-to-school health fair. The event also included medical exams and even a little fun.
It is the time of the year when you should be getting your children ready for the school. There are physical exams, screenings, and new vaccine rules.
To help, Illinois State Representative Maria Antonia Berrios hosted her 10th annual back- to-school health fair on the Northwest Side Friday morning and afternoon.
Hundreds of parents and children attended the back-to-school health fair in Haas Park. The fair offered a number of fun events for kids along with free medical services such as immunizations, blood pressure screenings, diabetes exams and vision and hearing screenings.
local, theresa gutierrez
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 9 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago