Time for immunizations as school year begins
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students rolled up their sleeves Friday to get the immunizations that are required before the start of the new school year.
Hundreds turned out at Friday's back-to-school health fair. The event also included medical exams and even a little fun.
It is the time of the year when you should be getting your children ready for the school. There are physical exams, screenings, and new vaccine rules.
To help, Illinois State Representative Maria Antonia Berrios hosted her 10th annual back- to-school health fair on the Northwest Side Friday morning and afternoon.
Hundreds of parents and children attended the back-to-school health fair in Haas Park. The fair offered a number of fun events for kids along with free medical services such as immunizations, blood pressure screenings, diabetes exams and vision and hearing screenings.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour 32 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations 12 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs... 25 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction...
32 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos