Time for immunizations as school year begins
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students rolled up their sleeves Friday to get the immunizations that are required before the start of the new school year.
Hundreds turned out at Friday's back-to-school health fair. The event also included medical exams and even a little fun.
It is the time of the year when you should be getting your children ready for the school. There are physical exams, screenings, and new vaccine rules.
To help, Illinois State Representative Maria Antonia Berrios hosted her 10th annual back- to-school health fair on the Northwest Side Friday morning and afternoon.
Hundreds of parents and children attended the back-to-school health fair in Haas Park. The fair offered a number of fun events for kids along with free medical services such as immunizations, blood pressure screenings, diabetes exams and vision and hearing screenings.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 8 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 5 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 27 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
5 min ago
- 7 in :77