CTA to extend reduced fares for CPS students
August 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools and Chicago Transit Authority officials are working together to extend reduced fares for students for the full school day.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office is set to announce details that will extend reduced fares by an additional 30 minutes each day.
Officials say that would ensure that CPS students will be able to participate in after-school activities.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 42 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death 20 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area 1 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 5 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision 43 min ago
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote 15 min ago
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
42 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos