Hickory Hills bank robbery suspect arrested in Toledo
August 20, 2012 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Chicago man wanted for robbing a Hickory Hills TCF Bank branch in July was arrested in Ohio last week, the FBI announced Monday.
Jeffrey Kaplan, 30, is accused of robbing the TCF Bank branch at 9357 South Roberts Road on July 26.
Kaplan was arrested without incident on August 15 at a bus station in Toledo, Ohio, by members of the Northwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force. The arrest was announced Monday by Robert D. Grant, Special Agent-in-Charge of the Chicago office of the FBI and Stephen D. Anthony, Special Agent-in-Charge of the Cleveland office of the FBI.
Kaplan was charged in a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago on August 1 with one count of bank robbery, a felony offense.
The FBI says Kaplan was identified as the robber by members of the public who contacted the FBI after seeing surveillance photos of the robber that had been published on the Internet and on Chicago-area TV news broadcasts.
If convicted, Kaplan could face up to 20 years in prison.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 41 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 59 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 46 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 34 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 54 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos