Dennis Kucinich visits Jesse Jackson Jr. at Mayo Clinic
August 20, 2012 (ROCHESTER, Minn.) (WLS) -- Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. received a visitor from Capitol Hill over the weekend: Former presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich stopped by the Mayo Clinic to show his support.
A photo posted to Kucinich's Twitter feed Monday morning shows the two congressmen chatting in front of a giant get-well card.
Kucinich tweeted: "Visited w/ Rep. Jackson Fri, Sat @ Mayo. Photo w/ Cong. get well card. Kind words of colleagues clearly meant a lot."
Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island also visited Jackson at the Mayo Clinic last week. He told the Associated press that Jackson Jr. is in a "deep" depression.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates