Dennis Kucinich visits Jesse Jackson Jr. at Mayo Clinic
August 20, 2012 (ROCHESTER, Minn.) (WLS) -- Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. received a visitor from Capitol Hill over the weekend: Former presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich stopped by the Mayo Clinic to show his support.
A photo posted to Kucinich's Twitter feed Monday morning shows the two congressmen chatting in front of a giant get-well card.
Kucinich tweeted: "Visited w/ Rep. Jackson Fri, Sat @ Mayo. Photo w/ Cong. get well card. Kind words of colleagues clearly meant a lot."
Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island also visited Jackson at the Mayo Clinic last week. He told the Associated press that Jackson Jr. is in a "deep" depression.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping