Man charged in father's North Aurora stabbing death
August 21, 2012 (NORTH AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 23-year-old man is charged after police say he stabbed his 41-year-old father in the chest Sunday morning during an argument.
Martrell Harris, 23, is charged after his father, Michael Harris Sr., was found unresponsive on his front porch Sunday in the 700-block of Jorstad Lane. Martrell Harris was reported to have fled the scene, but after a search of a wooded area with helicopters, the suspect was found hiding in the garage about three hours later, police say.
Michael harris was pronounced dead at Provena Mercy Center Hospital at 10:46 a.m.
Martrell Harris was charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 20 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage 44 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2 37 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 40 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 6 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
20 min ago
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
41 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 2
37 min ago