Wish comes true for 20-year-old who cares for younger siblings
August 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Katrina Watkins has been taking care her four young siblings since her mother went into a coma 18 months ago. One survived a shooting.
While her mother is recovering in a rehab center from a brain injury, Watkins is getting help from strangers who wanted to grant her wish -- to provide food for her family. The amount of the donation is a secret.
The Wish Upon A Hero Foundation is an online community that matches those who need with those who can give. The organization supports a broad range of wishes for newborns to senior citizens.
Watkins was burned at the age of 8 when a pan of grease fell on her.For more information, visit wishuponaherofoundation.org.
local, cheryl burton
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 13 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 22 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 10 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos