Wish comes true for 20-year-old who cares for younger siblings
August 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Katrina Watkins has been taking care her four young siblings since her mother went into a coma 18 months ago. One survived a shooting.
While her mother is recovering in a rehab center from a brain injury, Watkins is getting help from strangers who wanted to grant her wish -- to provide food for her family. The amount of the donation is a secret.
The Wish Upon A Hero Foundation is an online community that matches those who need with those who can give. The organization supports a broad range of wishes for newborns to senior citizens.
Watkins was burned at the age of 8 when a pan of grease fell on her.For more information, visit wishuponaherofoundation.org.
local, cheryl burton
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds