Wish comes true for 20-year-old who cares for younger siblings
August 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Katrina Watkins has been taking care her four young siblings since her mother went into a coma 18 months ago. One survived a shooting.
While her mother is recovering in a rehab center from a brain injury, Watkins is getting help from strangers who wanted to grant her wish -- to provide food for her family. The amount of the donation is a secret.
The Wish Upon A Hero Foundation is an online community that matches those who need with those who can give. The organization supports a broad range of wishes for newborns to senior citizens.
Watkins was burned at the age of 8 when a pan of grease fell on her.For more information, visit wishuponaherofoundation.org.
local, cheryl burton
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos