Hinsdale boy attends kids' state dinner at White House
August 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A group of students attending first lady Michelle Obama's kids' state dinner at the White House got a big surprise.
The children arrived with their parents Monday morning. They were invited after submitting the best healthy lunch recipe from their states. Twelve-year-old Jonah Schaik of Hinsdale represented Illinois.
While the first lady addressed the youngsters, she was interrupted by none other than the president himself. President Obama says he didn't want to miss out on all the fun.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 20 min ago
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage 44 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2 37 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 40 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 6 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
20 min ago
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
41 min ago
- South Loop shooting injures 2
37 min ago