United 787 int'l routes don't include Chicago
August 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hometown airline United's plans for its new Dreamliner's international routes do not include its United hub at O'Hare International Airport.
United has announced the first international routes for the airline's newest addition to its fleet, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. In addition to the previously-announced service from its Denver hub to Tokyo Narita starting March 31, 2013, the airline will operate nonstop 787 service five days a week between its Houston hub and Lagos, Nigeria, beginning Jan. 7, 2013. United will also operate daily, nonstop 787 service between its Los Angeles hub and its Narita hub beginning Jan. 3, 2013, and Los Angeles to Shanghai beginning March 30, 2013.
United will also operate daily, nonstop 787 service from its Houston hub to Amsterdam and London Heathrow on a temporary basis. Houston to Amsterdam service begins Dec. 4, 2012, and Houston to London Heathrow service begins Feb. 4, 2013.
The new 787 flights go on sale Saturday. Denver to Tokyo flights are available for sale now.
United said it will announce domestic flights for the 787 soon.
The 787 features 36 seats in first class, 72 seats in Economy Plus and 111 seats in economy,
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 12 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 13 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
4 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
12 min ago