Tinley Park man, 34, charged in West Chicago bank robbery
August 23, 2012 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 34-year old Tinley Park man wanted in connection with the recent robbery of a West Chicago bank was arrested in Villa Park Wednesday night.
Villa Park and Lombard police officers apprehended Daniel Henry Mack at a gas station in Villa Park.
Mack was charged with one count of bank robbery after the FBI says he robbed the Fifth Third Bank branch located at 1800 North Neltnor Boulevard in West Chicago August 14.
Authorities also believe Mack is responsible for three other bank robberies. The Harris Bank branch located at 191 East Lake Street in Bloomingdale was robbed August 9, and the Citizens Financial Bank branch located at 7229 South Kingery Highway in Willowbrook was robbed on August 16. Witnesses from both of those incidents described the robber as matching Mack's physical description.
Mack is also believed to have committed a fourth robbery, striking the Fifth Third Bank branch at 2353 63rd Street in Woodridge, late Tuesday afternoon.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos