'Stop the Violence' parade marches through South Side
August 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A parade brought music, marching and an anti-violence message to the streets of Chicago's South Side.
The Stop The Violence Parade kicked off the Chicago-area project's "Community Day." This year's parade and celebration theme was "Local Action for Local Solutions"
Marchers carried signs denouncing street violence. There were also back-to-school activities planned for students, including a hip-hop yoga demonstration to help teach kids how to breathe and relax while studying.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 30 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 15 min ago
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...