Woman, 72, struck and killed by dump truck
August 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Police are trying to find the driver of a dump truck who struck and killed a 72-year-old woman and then drove away.
It happened late Friday afternoon near 62nd and Harlem.
The victim is identified as Kazmiera Falat. Her family says she was waiting for a bus when she was hit.
They say she was retired and leaves behind two children and six grandchildren. Falat's family didn't want to go on camera but is asking the driver to turn him or herself in to police.
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 18 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 55 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos