Pipeline bursts in Palos Park, Rt. 83 closed 3 miles
August 27, 2012 (PALOS PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Route 83 in Palos Park is closed from LaGrange Road to Southwest Highway because of a ruptured jet fuel line, and it may remain closed until Wednesday as major repairs are made, Palos Park Village Manager Rick Boehm said.
Traffic was being diverted to 119th Street.
The Calumet Sag Channel also was closed because fuel drained into the channel, Boehm said.
The gas line began leaking Tuesday around 3:15 a.m. The road was expected to reopen around 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 46 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 22 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
22 min ago