Chicago police officer shot on Far South Side | 1 suspect hospitalized, 1 in custody, manhunt on for 3rd suspect
August 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer was shot Wednesday night on Chicago's Far South Side.
Witnesses say the officer was involved in a shootout with a teenage suspect, who was also shot, near 111th and Loomis in the city's Morgan Park neighborhood.
Both the officer, who was shot in the knee, and the suspect are being treated in the hospital. The officer is stable condition and the suspect is in serious condition.
A second suspect is in custody and police are looking for a third suspect.
"Just heard about 15 gunshots. Came outside and it looks like a scene out of the Blues Brothers. The police responded immediately," said Phillip Jackson, resident.
Superintendent Garry McCarthy was at Christ Hospital late Wednesday evening, checking on the officer's condition.
local, ben bradley
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East High School 11 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos