Carjacking pursuit ends in head-on crash, 5 hurt
LOGAN - August 31, 2012 -- A police chase through Philadelphia's Logan section ended in a head-on collision early Friday, leaving five people injured.
The crash happened just after midnight at the intersection of 20th Street and Belfield Avenue.
Police say two juveniles, one male and one female, carjacked the owner of a Toyota Avalon at gunpoint.
Officers were engaged in a pursuit of the stolen car when it crashed head-on into a Mazda. Another car, a Cadillac then rear-ended the Mazda.
At least 5 people were injured, including the two suspects.
They were all taken to area hospitals and listed in stable condition.
The teen suspects are facing a variety of charges.
accident, carjacking, police chase, logan, philadelphia, local/state
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day 49 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
42 min ago