Million Father March rallies up dads for 1st day of school
September 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Million Father March made a final push on Chicago's South Side to get fathers to take their children to school on the first day of class.
The effort, organized by Phillip Jackson and members of the Black Star Project, seeks to have 1 million fathers participate nationwide.
The group believes that when fathers take an active role in education, children tend to do better in school.
Organizers hope that 25 to 30 thousand fathers will support the effort in Chicago.
Chicago Public Schools will resume Tuesday.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot