Highland Park girl, 5, killed by car; police investigating
September 4, 2012 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in the Highland Park are investigating the death of a young girl who was struck and killed Monday by a car while she was walking with some members of her family.
A 5-year-old girl was killed. Her mother and two brothers were injured.
Highland Park police say Jaquelin Santos-Sacramento was walking home from a store on a sidewalks when a car driven by an 18-year-old woman hit them from behind.
The driver of the car was also hurt. She was treated for her injuries and released from a hospital.
No charges have been filed while police try to determine what caused the crash.
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare 34 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Donald Trump plaintiff: Someone must stand up to 'Celebrity...
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- 'Jammin' at the Zoo' concerts announced 26 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos